We are looking for a CG Supervisor.
The CG Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of the show within the facility. He/she is responsible for ensuring clear communication to the 3D team within the show, and that the 3D departments deliver on time.
Along with the VFX Supervisor, he/she is responsible for artistic cohesion with the client.
- At least 6+ years live action visual effects experience, on high profile feature films.
- Demonstrates strong technical and leadership capabilities.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and training large teams.
- Exceptional artistic skills and organizational skills; understands how to prioritize the necessary tasks and assignments.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly (written + verbal).
- Well rounded working knowledge of the technical and artistic aspects of live action and visual effects, as well as a deep understanding of CG pipelines.
- Experience and knowledge of all 3D areas (modeling, rigging, texturing, look development, character fx, fx & lighting).
- Experience in Maya (preferred).
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Works directly with leadership team and other VFX Supervisors to determine and advise technical solutions.
- Ensure quality of work is of the highest standards.
- Advises and ensures timely delivery of production department assignments and scheduling.
- Collaborates with other department managers on dailies, workflow and pipeline strategies, providing ongoing improvement to processes and methodology.
- Responsible for workflow, organization, shot continuity, grain continuity, and quality control metrics.
- Will be expected to spot check individual work of other artists and evaluate quality and efficiency of team’s work.
- Mentors team members and conducts performance evaluations.
- Assesses quality, problem solves and escalates as needed.
- Serves as key technical expert on shows as well as facility.
- Other duties as assigned.