Your role will be creating HighRes and detailed texture maps and PBR materials for both characters and environment, following the direction of the Art Department and the surfacing supervisor.
Your goal is to deliver an impressive realistic look as well as a wonderful stylized hand painted look depending on the project.
- Unwrapping UVs depending on the level of detail of each asset.
- Creating HighRes texture maps according to the reference delivered by the art department.
- Understanding the style of each project and following the Supervisors/production Guidance.
- Creating hand painted textures as well as using pre-existing materials/maps to achieve the desired look.
- Creating complex shading networks with arnold/maya to achieve the desired look.
- Understanding the pipeline and keeping your work within the pipe.
- Respecting the deadlines and the bids given by the supervisor.
- Updating and managing your work status on shotgun.
- Being a team player and willing to learn and also mentor and guide new members.
- Being motivated, positive, enthusiastic and communicative within the team.
- 3 or more years of professional experience in VFX or animation.
- Professional Experience in at least one feature Animation.
- Deep Knowledge in UVs unwrapping using maya and/or UVlayout.
- Extensive Knowledge with Maya, Substance Painter and Arnold render.
- Proficient in English.
- Willing to relocate on the paradise Island Tenerife, Spain.
- Having fun with the team inside and outside the studio ;).
- Experience in grooming in Yeti and shading is a big Plus.
- Experience in Substance Designer and creating complex procedural materials for substance Painter.
- Creating tools for the Lookdev departement using Python to boost and facilitate the workflow.
- Sculpting using Mudbox and/or Zbrush is a plus.
- Experience in Shotgun.
- Traditional Drawing.